Bieler’s Broth (also called Trace Mineral Broth)
An effective, gentle cleanse for anytime of the year, including spring! Cooling vegetables reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and ease the workload on the liver. In contrast to a cleanse that focuses on raw foods and juices, the cooked nature of this broth makes it tonifying and grounding, helpful for those who want to strengthen their systems. Bieler’s Broth also tastes good! So, it’s an excellent addition to one’s diet even if one is not participating in a cleanse.
(Recipe from Jeffrey Yuen)
· 2 zucchini
· 2-3 stalks of celery with leaves
· a handful of green beans or 2 cups of dark leafy greens
· 1-2 cloves of garlic,
· 1-2 tbsp of chopped onion.
1. Steam the vegetables for 10-15 minutes.
2. Blend vegetables, steaming water, and a handful of chopped parsley or watercress for 1-2 minutes.
3. Dilute if needed and drink warm.